Why Your Business Needs A Blog
Updated: Jan 9, 2018
by Jennie Ward
The internet has become the centre of our everyday lives. We turn to it when we want groceries, when we’re thinking of buying new furniture, and whenever there’s a question we don’t know the answer to. We also use it to find out more about any business we’re thinking of buying from. That’s why it’s rare to find any business, even a startup, which doesn’t have a website for potential customers to find through Google (other search engines are available!).
So, you have your website. It outlines your business offering, your opening hours, your contact details and maybe even has some testimonials. Well done! Now you can just sit back and wait for the customers to come flooding in, right?
Well actually, no, I’m afraid.
Your #website is a great start, but these days it’s not quite enough. If you want to stand out, then you need to put a blog at the very heart of your business’ marketing plan.
Here’s five reasons why your website needs a #blog:
1) Because people buy from people. People have become far more discerning about the companies they choose to interact with. Before they part with their hard earned cash they want to know more about you and what you do. Your customers want to feel as if they are working with a person, not a brand, and a blog gives you a voice; a place to be a bit more personal, and to really express what your business stands for.
2) As a place to share your work. Blogs can be used to show the projects your business has completed, with before and after pictures and more details of how you worked with your clients and what you achieved. All this detail helps give potential new customers the confidence that you are the business they want to work closely with.
3) To have some fun. Business is a serious thing, but blogs can show your lighter side. Show how your business and your team gets involved in the local community, run fun competitions, support local charities and document it all on your blog to raise your profile.
4) To feed your social media. Most businesses will set up #socialmedia channels, but often find it difficult to know what to post regularly, especially when it can be hard to get a conversation going in just 280 characters. A blog can host the detail that really shows why your business offers something unique, and which you can then disseminate out through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, SnapChat and all the other channels.
5) To improve your SEO. (Sorry, this is the technical bit!) The best website in the world is of no use at all if no-one knows it exists. Search engines like Google use Search Engine Optimisation to decide which websites to put high up on its search results when people search for a particular service. #Blogs provide fresh, relevant content, can be carefully phrased to highlight certain keywords that relate to your business, and can link to other pages on your site as well as including external links to other websites. Google’s complex algorithms search for all these things when deciding which sites deserve that all-important ‘first page’ ranking.
Want to create a blog for your business? Don’t know where to start? At Creative Living London we can help you create the content you need to boost your business. Contact us now and start taking your business to the next level.